Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Checking in.

I have not been posting, but I promise I've still been training!

June has been a very busy month. I've been on lockdown in my apartment sewing like a crazy person getting costumes ready for a sci-fi convention. And in the middle of all that I took a vacation for a few days in South Dakota with my family.


Now I really try to not skip workouts when I am on vacation. I make a point of taking advantage of hotel workout facilities when available when I go to conventions. In fact I think the perfect remedy for a night of partying is a good workout to sweat the toxins from the night before.

I brought my running gear with me to South Dakota, but I only managed to get one run in while I was there. It was insane! I was staying in a cabin in Hot Springs. Way out in the country. It was my first time running on gravel (interesting) and in heavy winds (yikes!). And the place I was running was very hilly. Steep hills, not the gentle hills on my normal route.

Trying to run up steep hills against a 30 mph wind? It's basically like running up against a wall.

I did manage to do a little hiking in the black hills, though, so I didn't feel too bad about missing a regular workout or two. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment