Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pilates: not for home use!

So the last couple weeks I have been getting up before work and doing these little mini morning workouts, in addition to whatever (biking, running, swimming) is on my training schedule for that day. Nothing heavy because I am so not a morning person. Just a short walk, and some strength and toning exercises. Maybe a couple of yoga poses if the mood takes me. Or just the exercises if I didn't get out of bed in time for a walk.

I got an email from Sparkpeople.com this morning that linked to a 12 minute pilates ab video on Youtube. I figured why not skip the boring crunches today and do a few minutes of that pilates video instead.

Bad idea! I totally pulled something in my back. This would be the second time I have gotten the hair-brained notion to do pilates at home, did it wrong, and pulled something.

No more pilates at home for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment