Tuesday, November 16, 2010

So...

I've been reluctant to blog about this. But here goes.

I decided to really buckle down and get serious about losing some weight. I've been reluctant to blog about it because I've tried and failed so many times in the past. And when I tell people and then fail (or lose a little and gain it all back) then I feel like a huge failure.

But doing the tri this year, something I never thought I could accomplish, has got me thinking that maybe I can actually do it this time.

I have set a goal for myself. I am currently a size 24. I want to be a size 14. That's 5 pants sizes. I have no idea how long it will take. It'd be nice if I could get there by next fall.

So I'm watching what I eat. I'm avoiding alcohol. And I'm working out. I'm also working with my therapist to help me stay focused and deal with some issues that may have contributed to my weight problem. I'm not really gonna blog about that part, but I will say it's been pretty fascinating.

I've been at it for just under a month. I can already zip the size 22s, but they are still snug. I'd say I'm about halfway to my first size drop.

EDIT: I had not actually tried on my size 22s in a week. More than halfway there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment