Thursday, December 6, 2012

220

I have lost 68 pounds. Not where I was hoping I'd be by this time, but still very good overall. I am 25 pounds away from my initial goal. I am 5 pounds away from my next personal milestone.

215 was the lowest weight I achieved when I was on some horrible commercial starvation diet. I lived on icky protein bars and had to check in 3 times a week to weigh in and have my food diary looked at by one of their counselors. It was, basically, a low-carb hell. I lost weight quickly, but to be fair I was probably getting 900-1200 calories a day. Who wouldn't lose weight on that. They claimed you did not have to exercise on their plan, but the truth is you were not eating enough to be able to.

I realized this week that the jeans I bought when I was at my lowest on that plan is now too big for me.So even though I am still 5 pounds away from what my lowest weight was, I am already slimmer than when I did that evil starvation diet. That is the magic of exercise.

Also this is the 5th week in a row I am down, after a long stretch of gain a pound then lose a pound. I think the daily strength exercises are working!

No comments:

Post a Comment