Thursday, December 6, 2012

Current workout regimen

Strength: about 10 min each day, 6 days per week, alternate upper and lower body, crunches daily
I have some hand weights and I do arm/shoulder exercises focusing on lots of reps at low weight. For lower body I do lunges, squats, etc. Since I work from home I am usually able to sneak all these in throughout the work day.

Cardio: I hit the gym at least 3 times a week for cardio. Usually the ellipticals or swimming laps. Sometimes I take a class to mix it up- either water aerobics or Zumba. On non-gym days I do errands on foot to get some walking in. My goal is 20-60 minutes of cardio per day 5-6 days a week.

I always give myself a rest day each week.Usually Sundays. Lately since my hip has been bothering me, how much cardio I get kind of depends on my pain levels. The strength stuff does not seem like much, but I am already noticing a difference after only 2 weeks. And being able to do it at home is very convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment