Monday, March 8, 2010

Strategy Fail

I have the day off today for 'convention recovery'.

My plan this morning was to meet a friend downtown for coffee and then hit the gym afterwards for my next C25K run. But I slept really late and never ate breakfast, so by the time I got downtown I was ravenous. We ended up at Panera and I got soup in a bread bowl. I didn't finish the bread bowl, but I was still very full when I left. As I headed down the street to the gym I realized my error. It's kinda hard to run on a full stomach. Doh!

I was still feeling pretty tired anyways so I decided I would skip the running part, and just do something easy. I did 40 minutes on the ellipticals and then took the 18 bus home so I'd have a nice long cool-down walk from the bus stop. On my way home I realized how funny it was that I consider ellipticals an easy workout. There was a time when I thought those things were evil torture devices and could not last 10 minutes on one. But really it's such an easy workout, I could do it in my sleep. No impact. Nothing to trip over. (I am the worlds biggest klutz) Nothing to think about. Just get on the machine and go. Easy-peasy.

Mmm... and now I have the workout checked off my to-do list and I can spend the rest of my day relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment