Sunday, August 1, 2010

Open-water swim practice.

I spent the day with my family out at a lake, and finally had a good opportunity an open-water swim.

The plan was I was going to swim and my dad would shadow me in his boat. That worked pretty well. It was kinda hard at first. I was breathing really fast and kept swallowing water and found it hard to get in a rhythm. So I flipped over and did a backstroke for a while until I caught my breath, then returned to the breast stroke. At one point I stopped and asked how long I'd been at it and 9 minutes had flown by. I continued swimming and at 16 minutes I was close to shore and ended up swimming all the way to shore instead of climbing back in the boat.

I have no idea how much distance I covered in that time. I have a hunch it was well over 500 yards, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment