Thursday, May 12, 2011

New bike seat, FTW.

Today was my first longish ride on my bike (45 min) since I got the seat replaced. (thieves stole the seat and post last fall... jerks)

The dude at Sunrise Cyclery said the seat theft was probably a blessing in disguise because the used gel seat was not really what he thought I should be sitting on, anyway. I had already promised myself a quality bike seat this year, so I sprung for a brand new Velo Plush. It's not actually very plushy, but I rode for almost half an hour before my rear end started getting sore. So, yay! Hopefully by August I will have some decent bike seat stamina and there won't be a repeat of last year's little limping problem after the bike portion of the tri. Ugh...

In sorta-related news I'm down 10 pounds in the last 5 weeks. I'm thinking that will help me, too. Hooray for low-carb diets!

No comments:

Post a Comment